Saturday, October 5, 2013

Steiner 8x30 Military/Marine Binocular


Built like a tank but....optics poor.
I bought theses binoculars as work equipment. Their construction is tough as nails but they suffer greatly from internal reflections. Not recomended for low light or night use! (no 30mm objective will perform well in dim light) Best description would be STEINER LITE. Not up to the standards of the rest of the Steiner line.
Extremely rugged and an overall good value...
This binocular is seems extremely well constructed and rugged. The image quality is good (though not great). The sport focus system does not really work from 20 yards out (as advertised). It's fairly sharp from 70 yards or so out, but I've found I have to re-focus for the 20-70 yard range. The focus mechanism is fairly stiff, so it does stay put once focused. Despite the minor shortcomings, this binocular was exactly what I was looking for - lightweight, rugged, decent image, reasonable price.
Shop the rest, buy the best, Steiner can't be beat.
I spent weeks looking for the best set of binoculars for hunting and work. I have found that some have a better warranty such as Nikon but, I could not pass on the Steiners. I have used Steiners at work for years and they hold up well to abuse and will probably last a life time if handled under normal conditions. I hunt year round and love the fact once the eye pieces are set I don't have to change them. I can see from 20 feet to infinity without adjustment.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment