Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sitka Gear Fanatic Jacket, Optifade Forest, X-Large


Fantastic Jacket
This (along with Fanatic bibs) were my first Sitka products and I could not be happier. This jacket kept me comfortable in my treestand for the several days despite a stiff wind and cold temperatures. I especially like the muff pocket so I can keep my hands warm without needing to wear bulky gloves. The diagonal zipper takes some getting used to. The pockets are well thought out and provide quick access to everything I need.

I am 5'11" and 180 lbs and a large fit well.

As a disclaimer, I am affiliated with Gore for product testing of Gore-tex products for the purpose of product review and recommendation. I do receive items from Gore for these purposes.
Top gear
This jacket is fantastic... Truly engineered... Not just thrown together... Worth very penny they charge... Will never go back to cabelas gear again
Fantastic!
I just returned from four days of hunting in a tree stand in 20 degree morning temps with 10-15 mph winds and I could not have been happier to have had the Fanatic Jacket on me!!! Aside from keeping you plenty warm this has to be the most comfortable no bulk jacket. It has plenty of pockets for your grunt tube, range finder, camera and/or any other accessories you choose to take with you into the field. You will be very impressed with Sitka's ingenuity of the side zipper design which allows for the kangaroo pouch that comes in very handy for keeping your hands warm if your like me and refuse to use gloves while archery hunting. Honestly, this is the absolute most comfortable jacket I have ever worn and it no doubt allowed me to stay out hunting longer. If you need more insulation than the 133g/m2 Primaloft Sport insulation combine this jacket with the Kelvin jacket and you will be suited for a severe deep freeze! Also, noise is not a problem with the Fanatic jacket as it has a lightly...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment