Saturday, October 5, 2013

Bog Gear Shooting and Photography Camo Tall Tripod


Bog Gear tripods are excellent
I am an avid hunter. My ability to be successful at this endeavor has recently been diminished due to symptoms of Parkinson's disease. I recently purchased a Bog Gear Tactical Shooting Tripod on the advice of an expert hunter, so that I could have a reasonable opportunity to fill my Utah premium limited entry elk permit. While practicing shooting with my Ruger .300 Win Mag, it became apparent that I wouldn't be able to hold steady enough for shots much beyond 100 yards, the like of which is extremely rare in hunting trophy class elk. With my Bog Gear tripod, I was able to put a perfect heart/lung shot on a monster 6X6 elk, which was laser ranged at 337 yards. The elk went down with one shot like a ton of bricks, and quite likely never heard the shot that got him. Without my Bog Gear tripod, that shot may well have been impossible for me. This product is not only very well designed, made, and easy to use, it is also more durable than just about any shooting pod I've ever seen. I...
Not as good as the red legged devil
I bought a red legged devil a year ago and found that I had to share it with my wife. We liked it so much that we where argueing over who would get to use it on any given hunting trip. We both killed deer with it that we wouldn't have been able to get without it. So this year I decided to buy her a camo version. Unfortunately I found this one to be different and I don't believe as good. It is heavier, it's legs are not as easy to adjust, and the feet loosen up and rattle as you walk. I wouldn't spend the extra money to get a camo model. I think the original is the better one.
Bog Gear Shooting Camo Tall Tripod
I have been using a Bog Gear BOG-POD Tripod Shooting and Photography Stick for several years to hunt in North America and Africa. I decided to purchase another and also decided to upgrade to the Bog Gear Shooting and Photography Camo Tall Tripod. There were two surprises when I received and unpacked the new tripod. The first was that the Shooting Tripod is significantly heavier than the Shooting Stick. Specs say a pound more. Doesn't sound like much, but this is 40% more than the the Shooting Stick that weighs in at 2.5 pounds; and this adds up when humping after game. The second thing I noticed was a significant mechanical sounding rattle, which is not a good thing when stalking skittish Eastern Cape antelope. It took a few seconds to zero in on the sound - it was the rubber feet on the tripod. They screw out to protect surfaces from...
Click to Editorial Reviews

1 comment:

  1. If you haven’t yet begun hunting with tripods, you’re in for a treat. Once you do, you’ll most likely never be without one. Just ask someone who’s already using one. Hunting Restsmonopods Bipods Tripods

    ReplyDelete